Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

First Thoughts

Finding out you are pregnant is a surreal experience to say the least. I had blood taken yesterday afternoon and an hour later they called me to tell me the results. Of course, when she told me to results, my cell phone cut out so all I heard was "Your test was ---tive." My test was what? Positive!

I screamed "Oh My God!" and almost burst into tears. I called Staylee (who was already at work) and told him he had to meet me at the house at 5. Of course, he thought something was wrong, but I assured him it wasn't.

After work I pulled up to the house and Staylee pulled up right behind me. I went in and got a present for him out of the guest closet and told him to open it. He looked at me like I was nuts (and I was a little), but opened it. Inside was a little white bib with rainbow letters that said, "I Love My Daddy." He looked up at me completely bewildered and I said, "We're pregnant." Staylee started laughing like crazy and hugging me and kissing me over and over.

Although we have a told a very few people, it still doesn't feel real. I was thinking I had imagined it all when I got a call from my doctor to tell me what the insurance was going to cover. Crazy.

I am actually feeling good--no morning sickness, although I am dead tired and have to pee about every ten minutes. I'm excited and nervous to see what comes next!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home