Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Monday, January 23, 2006

The Call of Spaghetti

These first few days have been strange. I thought it would take a while to feel any symptoms, but they are already present and accounted for. Still no morning sickness (my mom didn't have any either--yay genetics!).

I believe (and I have to guess here since I've never been pregnant before) that my cravings have begun. Starting last Thursday night and lasting through Saturday night I have been craving spaghetti. I mean, to the point that I almost burst into the tears when Larry had already eaten and wouldn't take me to Fizoli's. Luckily, they have a drive thru and twenty happy minutes later, I was sitting at home eating a huge bowl of pasta. YUM!

Friday night saw me dragging my family to Johnny Carino's for more spaghetti. Two things I learned: the minestrone soup at Johnny Carino's is brown for no good reason and the spaghetti is not at good as Fizoli's.

Saturday night Staylee took his Italian craving wife to Olive Garden. In this case, spaghetti was forgotten when I saw a picture of melted cheese stuff with bread for dipping and the appetizer sampler, including the yummiest calamari. I guess Staylee noticed that I was sneaking all the fried squid, which we were supposed to be sharing, because he backed off. Smart man. I was prepared to fight him for it.

The only aversion I have at the moment is mustard. Plain yellow French's mustard. Gross. I just saw a jar of it at my grandfather's and thought I was going to be ill. I usually love mustard, but yuck now.

The biggest sign that continues is that I am so tired I could die. At about 7 o'clock I start to lose my wind and by 9 it's about coma time for me. I've read all these websites that tell me what is going on with baby this week (6 weeks) and apparently that is a busy little blob. About the size of a pepper corn, its brain is developing, along with the limbs. No wonder I feel like the walking dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home