Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First Christmas

We survived Liliana's first Christmas. Much of the two week vacation period was spent with Liliana being sick and thus confining us both to the house. But she had a good Christmas showered with gifts from grandparents, aunts and uncles, and of course, Santa. The big score was the baby swing Grandma bought her house--she loves it so much Great-Grandpa is buying us a second one for our house. She's also seriously addicted to the Baby Beach Band (a soft octopus drum with noisy toys inside) that Santa brought her. Christmas morning she sat and played with it for about an hour. As anyone who has tried to entertain a two month old baby will tell you, that is quite an achievement.

She is starting to outgrow her 0-3 month sized clothes. I take this as a sign that she is growing right on schedule. She no longer likes to be held with her tummy on your chest. Only when she's sleepy does she go for that. Otherwise, she wants to be turned out to see the world or be playing (the Baby Eintstein light up star never fails to amaze and delight). I try to give her plenty of tummy time, but sometimes she just screams like she's being killed. Liliana has also become a bit of a chatterbox. She coos and talks (very loudly--we think it is because she likes to talk to Perdi, our deaf dog) and is very kicky. We help her stand and she takes little steps (mostly we hold her and her little feet step and move her forward while we support her weight). A few weeks ago she decided she is ready to be mobile, so she creeps military style on her tummy a few inches before she gets frustrated. We have also accomplished rolling from back to side, side to back, side to front.

I have Christmas pictures that I will try and post in the next few days.

(Oh, and for anyone interested in things other than the baby--I pulled straight A's last semester despite giving birth to Lili. In fact, one of my professors (who also happens to be my thesis advisor) liked my final paper for her class so much she wants me to develop it into my thesis. So I have that, my master's exams, and one last class and I am done. Yay!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home