Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's Today!

...except not. We had a doctor's appointment first thing this morning and nothing is happening. In fact, I'm at the same place I was on Friday. So, we are set to be induced a week from today, October 5th. I was really hesitant about it because I really wanted to go into labor naturally, but the doctor said going much longer than that can be hard on the baby. I feel somewhat like I'm giving up and taking the cheaters way out by not going the distance and letting it happen naturally. I really hope it happens on its own before the induction date. I guess Liliana is just too comfy to be bothered with something as trivial as being born.

Now, when people aren't asking if I'm in labor, they are giving me advice as to ways to speed up labor. The big one is "Take a Walk--get up and move." Ummm...I am currently working 10 hour days, most of them up on my feet. I walk all over campus, should I enroll in a marathon? Another of my favorites is castor oil. As far as I can tell there is no connection between ingesting nasty castor oil and labor. I do, however, see a connection between that and me being deathly ill with a whole new set of issues. Nasty. I've got enough problems, thank you very much.

So everyone send me natural labor vibes and pray we have our little girl before this time next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home