Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Two Years ago...

...Staylee and I were exchanging vows (or actually getting ready to at this time) at Walt Disney World. Staylee woke up in a room with his friends and went for breakfast while I spent the night on my own in a hotel room and slept late until my mom, Beth, and Marty came to start getting ready. We had already rented a house in Lamesa where we planned to live with our sweet dog, Meg. Staylee was working part-time at Home Depot and trying to get work with Massage Therapy. I was working part-time at Midland College and considering going to graduate school for Counseling.

Today: Staylee left for work about six so he can leave early tonight to have family pictures made. Liliana and I slept a little past that and I tried to get her to eat breakfast. (She was much more interested in sleeping in--how do you explain to a three month old that Mom can't feed you again until lunchtime?) Staylee now works for Baker Hughes Centralift doing some sort of oil field work (I still can't grasp everything he does, but it is a lot). I work full-time for Midland College in the Technical Pool and am 3 hours, two exams, and a thesis away from my master's in English. We own our own home in Midland, about a mile from my parents. We unexpectedly had to say goodbye to Meg (and still get teary about it) and now have the wacky and unpredictable Charleigh and Perdita.

Everything is different than we planned. Our first few months of marriage were hard--Staylee was working nights so we literally would pass each other on the road driving to/from our respective jobs, I didn't get into the program at Tech (the whole reason we moved to Lamesa in the first place), we were very low on cash most months, Meg got killed...it wasn't anything like we had hoped. And then, one day at a time, things got a little better.

So here we are--married two years and now numbering three (or five if you count the fur babies, which we do). Has it been challenging? You bet. Has it been frustrating? At times. Has it
been amazing? Absolutely.

We have such big, exciting anniversary plans. We are both working all day and then I'm going home to give Lili a bath and get her (and myself) ready for family pictures. My baby girl is three months old today and getting cuter and more in interesting every day. I love her so much sometimes I can't stand it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home