Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Is it time?

This question has been echoing through my office nonstop. People are calling us wanting to know if it’s time yet. So here is my answer to all of that—NO, it is not that time. We saw Dr. Locke on Friday and after an exam he told us that nothing is happening. I’m not dilated, I’m not engaged—nothing. The baby is still a ways off. And while this may not be the news the antsy people want, it’s good for us. We still have to finish cleaning our house and I have several big projects at work that I would like to complete before leaving.

This weekend I have class in Alpine again and even thought I really don’t want to go, if there’s nothing going on with the baby still, Mom and I are off to the Big Bend. I have to say I am not looking forward to another weekend of tedious Thoreau chat with the trite, annoying people in my class. Sigh. Now, I know Dr. Locke would probably tell me not to go, but lots of people come up from Alpine to have their babies in Midland. The key is we are not going to ask him. Then he can’t say no and we aren’t going against doctor’s orders. However, if there are any signs of change, I’ve already turned in my work for this weekend and I would be more than happy to stay put.

Friday the girls in my division (and my mom) threw me a surprise shower (although I already sort of knew about it). People were very generous and we got a lot of cute gifts, as well as a gift card and money tree. With the gift card we were able to buy our high chair, a gate for the stairs, a diaper pail, the Boppy feeding pillow I wanted, and several childproofing things (plus we got a free umbrella stroller with our purchase!). I felt weird spending so much money at once, but it was stuff we needed.

I am happy to report that it is a beautiful fall day in West Texas: it’s breezy and cool without being windy and overcast. The temperature is perfect. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home