Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tick Tock

The clock is ticking away...as of tomorrow we are three weeks from our due date. I am amused that people seem to be in a rush...everyone keeps asking me if I think it’s going to be any day now. No, I don’t. Although Dr. Locke confirmed that she has turned (which I had figured out by the abundance of kicking at the top rather than the side of my belly), she hasn’t dropped at all. People keep telling me how anxious I might be, but really, I think Liliana and I are quite fine waiting a few more weeks. We’ve got stuff to do.

Liliana is busy making brain cells and finishing up development on her lungs, so I know she’s pretty booked right now. As for me, I’m trying to find a work study, get all my work in order for my classes at Sul Ross, formulate a descent Arthurian Literature research paper that can be developed into a killer thesis, get our house into some sort of discernable order, train my beloved assistant T.J. to do all the mundane crap I forget I do on a daily basis, and keep up with the new episodes of House and Project Runway. We’re busy girls!

This Friday I start my weekly visits to the doctor, although they are not going to check for dilation until next week. Dr. Locke doesn’t seem to be in a huge hurry to get this baby born either.

Our other babies, Charleigh and Perdita, seem mystified by the whole idea of the nursery. They like to go in the room, but they don’t seem to understand why they aren’t allowed to wreck their usual havoc on the place. Perdi likes to snuggle her big old head on my big old belly, while Mom’s dog Cora finds it very offensive that I have gotten too fat to let her on my lap. Keep in mind Cora weighs 57 pounds and really isn’t a lap dog, but you try arguing with an evil genius Collie.

I am worried how Perdi will react to the baby, as something else taking my attention away from her. Perdi is very much my big baby (60 pounds) and panics if she can’t find me. She gets so jealous if I pet another dog, even Charleigh and heaven forbid I should try to go to the bathroom by myself. So if anyone reading this (and living in or visiting the Midland area) would like to really help me out, when you come to see the baby, make sure to give the big white deaf dog lots of attention, too. She’s very sweet and likes bubble baths, chocolate, petting, and snuggles. She’s not too crazy about seafood, midgets, and motorcyclists who don’t wear helmets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home