Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Everything Is Waiting

After an epic wait to see the doctor yesterday, I had a five minute check up. The baby’s heartbeat is really loud and strong at 144 beats per minute. Now old wives tales might say this indicates the baby’s gender, but not so much. A woman my mom works with was convinced she was having a granddaughter because the heartbeat was 165 and all her grandsons had been less than 140. Well, surprise, surprise, her grandchild is a big old boy. So there goes that theory.

I told the nurse I don’t want to know my weight unless I’m gaining too much and it’s a reason for concern. Turns out I’ve lost weight. Thank you, baby A!

Other than that we did a blood test that will tell us if the baby has Down Syndrome or some other birth defect. Some people say they don’t want to know because they will love the baby regardless. Well, that’s true of me too. I will love our baby regardless. But if we are going to have some challenges with baby A, I would like to know so I can start preparing and researching ways to make its life better. Will we need a specialized pediatrician? Where are good private schools that might help the child flourish rather than just survive in the pitiful special education classes Midland offers? I want our baby to have the best life possible and if that life is going to be a little different from other babies, I’d like to get a jump on doing everything I can to make it wonderful.

Oh, and for those who are climbing the walls to know what the baby’s gender is, we will find out on May 12th. I actually am not that anxious to find out what it is because I have two major classes to finish before that time and really those are praying more on my mind. It’s not like baby A is a fruit fly—once we know the gender its not going anywhere. We’ll still have plenty of time to get excited about it. Pulling a 4.0 for the semester is definitely my priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home