Baby Anderson: The Journey

On October 5, 2006, God gave us the biggest blessing we could imagine: our daughter Liliana. So here is a place for our friends and family to keep up with her as she grows.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

May Days

So here we are, the middle of June, and of course I am way behind in my blogging. I find it’s easier to read this if I break it down into sections, so you can read about what you are interested in.

Staylee-This summer is very busy for him so far. His work schedule is still crazy, but he is taking a little more time for family and friends. His friend Michael Midkiff (his best man and Lili’s godfather) has moved back to Midland and we are enjoying spending time with him. Lili is already flirty with him and now lights up when she sees Uncle Michael. Michael has also gotten us watching ROME, so we are enjoying his company and learning a little history.

Amber-Work is busy in spurts. I have applied for several jobs and am waiting to hear back on interviews. I recently interviewed at Howard College and it went very well. I think I would really be a good addition to their department. However, they are interviewing a dozen people and I bet I have the least experience. One of my Sul Ross professors is good friends with someone on the hiring committee and gave me an excellent recommendation. Hopefully that will help too. My thesis is almost done—I am finishing up with picky formatting stuff and defending sometime the week of June 23.

Liliana-Right now is a time of change for our little Lilibug. She is still not talking much and one of the things that was suggested was letting her spend more time with other children. At the beginning of June she started what I call Baby School (Mother’s Day Out) Tuesdays and Thursdays at Trinity Presbyterian. The first day was rough, but it seems to get a little better each day. She gets a little report card and we are having less teary and more happy and curious. She painted her first picture which is now displayed in our dining room. The program seems really good and encourages learning and creativity. Although, reading their schedule for the month, her teachers are so brave. They do all sorts of crafts and science experiments. You couldn’t pay me to conduct experiments with sixteen one year olds.

We have also gone back to swimming lessons. As showcased in our Walt Disney World pictures, Lili loves water. She wasn’t too happy about being back in the pool the first night, but her teacher remembered her and she is doing really well now. She’s the youngest in her class and the best about going under the water. We’re hoping in the next couple of weeks she’ll be ready to swim on her own to the wall. It’s a big step, so we’re trying not to rush it. Staylee has been able to join us on occasion and it is always so much fun.

Her appetite is enormous. She loves eating pancakes (that’s our special Mommy-Lili treat. We have them on weekends and sometimes as a special treat at night.). But her hands-down favorite food is spaghetti. Grandpa Larry got her started and she eats almost a whole serving by herself. We have some pictures in our family album. Grandpa Larry remains one of her very favorite people. She is very affectionate to him, my mom, Staylee, and me—giving us hugs and messy baby kisses. She’s also sleeping much better at night. Monday night was the first time in weeks she woke up during the night.

Last weekend we went to see Kung Fu Panda and she really loved it, although she stood up the whole time. Daddy had been teaching her to growl and now when you say Panda she wanders around doing panda growls and Kung Fu walk-squats. It’s so funny. She still loves Mickey and Minnie, Handy Manny, and some of her Disney movies.

I can’t believe it’s already time to start boxing up her baby toys. She has just outgrown them. I have also had to put aside a bunch of her stuffed animals because she just doesn’t like them and they end up being too much temptation for Perdi. She still only likes Baby Jack, Romeo, and Baby Pooh Bear. It’s weird. I’m hoping she’ll grow into the stuffed animals. Staylee just bought her a set of baby Legos (I think they are another brand, but it’s the same idea) and she loves them. She likes to make little towers. It amazes me to watch her design and problem solve. She has also taken to playing my mom’s Bongo drums.

I guess that’s about it for us. Sunday is my mom’s birthday so we’re doing a joint birthday-Father’s Day dinner at Olive Garden. We may have to hose Lili down afterwards.

I think that’s pretty much all the news for us. Please feel free to look through all the new pictures. I have just done one WDW section and then pictures from this spring.

Best Wishes,
Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home